Wednesday 24 October 2012

John Farrar


JOHN FARRAR
I came across John's photography at the JAG Gallery whilst in Brighton. It's a favourite gallery of mine as it is bursting with a mixture of modern art. All of the exhibits are brightly coloured and cheerful.  If only my student loan would let me afford it! 
Farrar's work really caught me eye as he captures beauty in a creative innovative way. The styling is inspiring, using high heels as shoulder pads and combs as a hair piece! These combined with the striking make-up really adds colour and pattern to the images. His photos are powerful creating the feeling of female empowerment, with the stern faces and confident body language. This is also enhanced by the strong eye contact in every photo. 
I would absoultely love to be able to get back into a studio with a Make-up artist!